- Description/Genre: 3D VR Escape-Room Puzzle
- Technology: Unity, HTC Vive, SteamVR, Blender
- Scale: Three weeks
- Team Size: Three
- Job: Game Design, Level Design, 3D Models
- Game-Design-Document: Read here
- Biggest Learning: Vision first, then create the concepts.
You play as an alien which undergoes an intelligence test in Area 51. Freedom is the reward for success. As the player, you start of in a dark room and hardly see anything. You have 25 minutes to escape through the door.
We manually fit the virtual room to the “play-area” of the Vive, so no teleportation mechanic or similiar are required. One cannot cheat knowledge either, as sticking the virtual head into an object makes the whole screen go black.
Furthermore, despite only having simple player mechanics and interactions, every riddle is of a different type and therefore making each unique. The player can only pickup items, rotate, throw them and push buttons, but there are many diverse implications of those simple interactions.