The Winds of Decay
- Description: Creation of a fantasy-world, races, culture et cetera
- Technology: Hexographer (for world map), LaTeX
- Scale: One semester (among other subjects)
- Team Size: Three
- Job: Story and Narrative Design
- Download-Links: (Only in German!)
- Biggest Learning: Bottom-Up Design and Inspiration can feel weird, but end up great and satisfying.
During the subject “Storyworlds”, we learned to effectively build a fictitious world from scratch.
“Winds of Decay” is about the soldier “Kalatel”, who must learn that rules and a sense of duty can be counterproductive in a chaotic world. A crisis has erupted from the capital city through the production of a drug, which annihilates the previous well-organized order. Not only that, an eastern race threatens the nation with an invasion.
Another task was to write a derivate. I decided to write a film script about how the antagonist of the story, Mola Tarin, rose to her position.